Saturday, January 26, 2008

Mishaps and Mayhem

I'm so sore. I rode Rittenhouse with Marc yesterday. After the night ride Thursday I figured this would be a nice easy ride. No stress, middle of the afternoon, fairly flat trail other than lots of roots. Well it turned out I was on my ass more than I was on my bike.
First I was going through a rooty section, loosing momentum, so I tried to lunge forward to push it out. I hit a big rock and it stopped me dead. Well it stopped my bike dead. Me, not so much. I flew about 6 feet in the air over my handlebars and head first onto the ground. I heard a big crack and pain seems to shoot from everywhere. I layed there for a second waiting for the initial shock to subside and realize what was actually hurt. I hit my funny bone, which hurt like hell. I don't know why they call it that, it's never funny. Also tore back my thumbnail, yeah that hurt too. And the loud cracking sound was just my neck cracking, oh and maybe my helmet as I noticed today it's cracked. But after a few minutes I was able to get up and continue on.
A little later I had to dismount over something and when I went to get back on and missed my saddle. This was big ouch #2. I have a beautiful bruise today.
#3 was the best though. I was just about to bonk and Marc asked if I wanted to stop. I said no, there wasn't too much further. We headed down the next section of trail when I came across a stream crossing. All day I had rode across the ice without breaking through. So I took off across this one as well. I got half way and CRACK! My front wheel busted through. I instantly popped out my right foot. Only problem was I fell to the left. I got my foot out and shoved it toward the ground to catch me. And oh it did, only by the time I hit solid ground it was plunged deep through the ice and into the icy water. This is when I panicked. And instead of just waiting, thinking about my next move and I'd only have one foot wet. Instead I quickly pulled my foot back up, which caused me to fall onto the ice. Then I panicked more not wanted to fall through and shot my arm out and deep into the water. Then my knee. It was a mess. Finally I was able to get up, but by now I was drenched in freezing water. At this point I stood up and said, "now I'm done". Marc quickly got me out of the woods and back to the car with heat. Ah heat! I can't wait until warm weather.

Today I rode Middlerun with Marc, Amy, Ted, Dennis, Epi, Elizabeth and Rich. Things went much better. I managed to stay upright all day. Yeah! It was a lot of fun. Thanks guys!

4 comments:

Suki said...

"now I'm done!"

hehehehe

I love that.

sorry you had such a suki-ride (I was gonna call it shitty, but suki seemed like a more appropriate way to describe it).

breyla-la said...

Saturday was a good time! Keep on climbin Monkey!

Frank Brigandi said...

ahh, I love riding while I'm tripping on acid.. weeee!!!!

love-up-you said...

Die Ringe scheinen eher symbolisch für viele Paare thomas sabo online für die Darstellung ihrer Romantik und spirituelle Bindung. Grundsätzlich Mondsteine sind eine Art von angebote thomas sabo Mineral in der Feldspat-Familie, die eine Klassifizierung, dass über die Hälfte der Gesteine auf anhänger kette der Erde umfasst ist. Mondstein speziell bildet Kalium-Aluminium-Silikat und in der Regel besitzt ein kette thomas sabo sehr helles blau Farbton. Allerdings Mondsteine sind auch in einer Reihe von Farben thomas sabo ohrschmuck einschließlich gesehen Grün, Pfirsich, grau, blass gelb, braun oder cremefarben.