Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Being Sick Sucks!

These past couple weeks have sucked. First Marc got sick. Marc is so fun when he's sick. First he denies being sick, so he's grumpy. Then he finally succumbs to being sick and then he just curls up into a ball until it's all over. And all over doesn't mean that he's better, just well enough that he can resume his normal activities with some lingering effects of his illness.
Once Marc got sick I tried to stay as far away from him as possible. Usually it's me getting him sick, not the other way around. We tried everything. I wouldn't touch things he had touched, like the remote or the computer. When we were in the car and he sneezed he rolled down the window. He even slept on the couch trying to keep me from catching it. It went pretty well until last Wednesday.
I hadn't felt quite right for a couple of days, but it's allergy season, so nothing out of the norm. Then Wednesday I woke up and had a empty hollow feeling in my chest. I went to work and went down hill all day. Damn, I was sick. I came home and went straight to bed. Marc came home and gave me medicine, hoping that if I caught it soon enough I wouldn't go through what he had.
Well, now it's Tuesday, almost a week later and I'm still sick. It sucks. It seems to be a flu because nothing seems to make it go away any faster. It's just running it's course.
So now I've been off my bike for over a week. I missed the first race and had to be replaced. I haven't been able to go climbing. I haven't been able to go to work (which I really don't mind). When I talk to people they stand at a safe distance with a concerned look on their face and half holding their breath afraid they'll catch it. I can't wait until this is over.

8 comments:

Kim said...

Get better soon...French Creek is calling your name!

Anonymous said...

Hope to see you climbing on Thur. I have been stuck at home every night waiting for one of my Mama's to foal so haven't been climbing either, going nutso with the waiting/not climbing. Fingers crossed for Sat. Drink plenty of whatever and get better.
Rachael.

megA said...

so i'm reading this historical fiction book about living through the black plague. it sounds erriely familiar. . .

get better soon monkey!

xo
m

van den kombs said...

hello to the chunky monkey :)

Hope you are feeling better soon !!
do not worry about anything. You can catch back up and crush the rest of us with your super powers.

Looking forward to seeing you soon..
And Monkey Makes Three will rule the universe !!!!
(or at least have one hellva a time trying).

:)

Suki said...

I know exactly what you need.

some of my infamous pineapple upside down cupcakes.

clinically proven to do absolutely nothing whatsoever for the flu or its lingering effects...

but at least you'll be too weak to guilt-ercise afterwards.

get well...now!

Frank Brigandi said...

I think I have "the"cold that is going around, my teeth hurt ow..

Suki said...

:(

I've progressed from "ow. my throat hurts"

to "shit. my lungs are infected."

hope you guys have a great time climbing tonight!!!

*pouts that I won't be there...for a while*

love-up-you said...

Marquise Formen sind auch beliebte Wahl thomas sabo 2010 mit Überlänge und Spitzen. Discount Hochzeit Schmuck ist nicht immer thomas sabo online shop eine einfache Entscheidung. Stellen Sie sich vor Ihrem thomas sabo uhren großen Tag steht vor der Tür und du steckst fest, was mit Accessorize. Sollten Sie ohrringe creolen Ihren alten Schmuck? Leihen Sie etwas? Oder verbringen Sie ein kleines Vermögen, damit Sie thomas sabo armketten gut aussehen auf Ihrem Hochzeitstag?