Friday, January 12, 2007

Week of Pain

I think I'm loosing consciousness. Well, not really. But maybe it would be a good thing. I think I am slowly starving to death. The worst part is it's self inflicted.
Monday we started the Lisa/Paul diet. Cross season wasn't kind to me and I gained some weight and then came the holidays, which are never kind to anyone. So I spoke to them and others that had done their diet. All said it was hard, but they had great results. It's only 9 days (which sounded short enough) and you loose a bunch of weight and give a boost to your metabolism. So a win win right?
HA HA HA HA HA
The first two days are cleanse days. Which basically means you don't eat anything solid. You're flushing your system and what not. So you drink some stuff and a ton of water and get a small salad for lunch. Not so bad right.
Day 1 - No issues, everything went smoothly other than I had to pee every 15min from drinking so much water.
Day 2 - I measured wrong and forgot one of my drinks. Ooops. I bonked so hard that I couldn't get myself to recover that night. I was like a zombie, I could barely find energy to speak.
Marc and I went to the grocery store to get stuff we needed for the next few days as we were entering the eating days. We get there I look at the sheet and it says to eat lean protein and 2 green vegetables. Alright, so we pick up some chicken and then I stand staring at the vegetables. This is when it occurs to me I do not like anything green! Yellow, orange, white, all good. But not green. Finally I decide on string beans and carrots. Yeah carrots aren't green, but I needed something.
Day 3 - now I get food and shakes. I had my chicken, string beans and carrots for lunch. It tasted so good, I devoured them. Now on an energy high after getting some food after not having any for a couple days I decide I can go to the gym after work. For some reason too I decided this would be the day I'd run 2 miles instead of just 1 1/2 miles like normal. I don't know why I do these things to myself.
First mile all is good. Soon into the 2nd mile I start going South. My pace is slowing, I can't control my breathing, my stomach feels like it has little razors in it trying to get out (it was the raw carrots I had for lunch). I finish the 2nd mile and walk to cool down and try not to hurl. I can't get the feeling to go away. It was bad.
Day 4 - same as day 3 only no carrots. I decided to give my stomach a rest. Also, no gym. I didn't want a repeat. Day 4 brought on a new sensation however. Strong uncontrollable cravings for sugar! I love sugar, candy in particular. I hadn't had any candy now for days. I got home and saw the box of Gobstoppers sitting there whispering to me, "you know you want some, 1 won't hurt". I gave in. I had 1. I put it in my mouth and just let it sit there. Oh, it was so good. I miss candy so much.
Today - I was so irritated that I couldn't have candy or anything else, that I didn't pack my food appropriately. I paid for that. I didn't have my shake, so instead I ate an apple. I didn't have my veggies, so lunch consisted of a bowl of chicken. I think I'm getting to the breaking point. I'm not sure there will be a day 6. We will see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go monkey !!!!!
hang in there..only a couple more days to go. I have to start again sick I only made it thru 3 days while being sick. I got more shake stuff today and am ready to rock and roll..

i keep you posted on my progress..you and Marc, Paul, Lisa and Dan are my inpsiration to make it thru to day 9.

monkey power !!!!!!!
kc

Anonymous said...

Hey Monkey,

I thought you guys were athletes?? Shouldn't you fuel your bodies sensibly even if you want to lose weight - there are no magic 9 day solutions that I know of...

Anonymous said...

monkey....eat more snacks.....
u can do it.
that gobstopper won't kill u.

i'm sorry i laffed at your blog entry....but it's good stuff that i can relate to...hang in there!!!! :)
'urisacrapixass'

megA said...

yo!

i dunno how you guys did it--i attempted the CLEANSE last winter and failed miserably. i did stay off the sugar and caff. which was my main goal, but the second set of starvation days? nope. i bailed. i like eating too much.

xo

m