Saturday, October 07, 2006

Happy Birthday Fatmarc!

Today is Marc's birthday. So what did we do? We went to a bike race of course. So today we loaded up and headed down to Hagerstown, MD for a cross race. It was a crazy race. It was a really short lap, really bumpy, and tons of turns to power out of. We ended up doing a billion laps. It was nuts. But it was a good day.
Somehow we managed to miss the rain yet again. So that's cool. I thought it was gonna be a sloppy mess today. Which I don't really mind. However, when it rained the whole way down until about 20min from getting there, I was a little concerned. It was quite chilly today and I do not like being cold. Yes I know, how can you like cross and not like being cold? Good question. I love cross. I'm not great at it, but it has always been my favorite type of racing. The odd part about it is it's a cold weather sport and I hate cold weather.
Last night I was packing everything I could find just in case it was really cold. Which means around 50 to me. As I got dressed I put on a ton of imbracation, knee and arm warmers, and an undershirt along with my shorts and jersey. I kept going back and forth about about a vest, but at last moment I decided against it. Though some people raced in just a jersey and shorts and looked fine and maybe even a little warm, I was perfectly fine. Never felt over dressed at all. After my race as I cooled down I started piling on the layers. I couldn't get enough. I had on a base layer, a short and long sleeve t-shirt, a fleece top and a heavy fleece jacket,plus I had knee warmers under my jeans and a wool cap and was still freezing. At one point during the A race I sat in Lisa's chair and bundled up in her blanket and held an umbrella to shield myself from the wind, while still cheering on Dan the man. Yes, I know, I'm a nut and they were making fun of me. But I can't help it, once I get cold I do not warm back up. But still this is my favorite type of racing. Go figure.







Marc and his hitchhiker (aka ratfuck)

2 comments:

megA said...

hey monkey!

i hate the cold too, so i bring a sleeping bag to the races and crawl in, then plop myself in a chair.

tres coz-zey!

see you in two weeks!

xoxox

m

sad said...

Herbizide, Insektizide und andere thomas sabo 2010 Schädlingsbekämpfung Products.Keep Floh-und Zeckenmittel Produkte nur thomas sabo online shop zur äußerlichen Anwendung, auch von Ihrem Hund zu erreichen soll über die ohrringe creolen Exposition oder Verschlucken zu vermeiden. Diese thomas sabo uhren Produkte enthalten giftige Chemikalien, die sehr schädlich für Ihr thomas sabo armketten Haustier kann, wenn angewandt improperly.Ingestion von Maus und Ratte Gifte können lebensbedrohlich sein.