Sunday, August 27, 2006


One F'ing Gear

Marc proudly declares this often. He loves his single speed, or shall I say single speeds. It seems more and more people are riding them all the time. I however am not. I like my gears. I like that when I get to a tough climb I can shift down and make it up. Or if I'm going downhill I can shift up and continue to pick up speed instead of spinning out. However, yesterday was all about the single speed. It was the annual Single Speed Rally in Philly.
I was not planning on attending as I do not ride single speed, nor completely understand why those that do. But it sounded like it was going to be an interestingly good time. So I managed to fine a spot in the car and we headed off.
Lots of guys showed up with some girls sprinkled here and there. The main congregating spot was under a tunel in the woods. There everyone took some time to converse with fellow single speeders and partake of some fine beverage before taking off for another lap. A good time was had by all.

The magic tunnel.













How do you like this custom bottle, er flask, holder?













I love dogs, so I had to get a picture of this one. Unforetunately, he wouldn't stay still long enough for me to get anything but a shot of his ass.




Jamie and Fitzy enjoying the festivities.










Buddy is very excited, two of his favorite things, bikes and beer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rock out with yur SS out!