Thursday, August 31, 2006


Driving in the City

Today we went to Philly to pick up Marc and Wes’s cross frames from Ryan. Marc printed up the directions and then we were off. I drove. I never drive in the city. It’s not that I’m afraid to drive in the city. I don’t care, a street is a street. However, Marc hates when I drive in the city. He yells at me the entire time.
“I said left, not right, you’re other right!”
“Are you gonna tailgate this guy all day?”
Of course there were the times I got us really really lost in VT and then again in NYC and I’m sure another time. So for the sake of time and sanity, it’s rare that I drive on road trips. But today I drove. Marc was a bundle of nerves the entire time, but we got there ok. I followed his directions to a tee and even maneuvered on the very narrow streets without hitting anything.
After picking up the frames Marc took over driving. He couldn’t take it anymore. We decided we’d head over to Manayunk for lunch. He asked Ryan for directions. They were simple, no problem and we headed off.
We managed to get to Kelly Drive and then all of a sudden we were off it. Marc was asking where it went. I said over there, pointing in the other direction. Crap, no we’re lost. We ended up on this long road with no exits, finally we get turned around. We’re headed back where we came trying to find where we missed our turn. We missed it again and we’re headed back into downtown. Marc sees a Guy’s Bicycle guy riding and says; hey we’ll stop and ask him. I said not to bother him, we’d find our way, the cyclist had a good pace going and I didn’t want to interrupt it for us being lost. As we get closer we think we recognize him. We drive by and realize it’s Bryant. Yes! What are the odds? So Bryant stops and we ask him to direct us in the right direction. He tells us he just came from Manayunk and no problem he’ll show us the way. He proceeds to ride in front of us, directing us until we get to the turn off. He’s awesome.
So we made it to Manayunk. We ate at this place called, Thai Bistro. It was awesome. My meal had tofu, which is a whole different story. Overall good day.

1 comment:

Frank Brigandi said...

yeah.. good chow there for sure....you gotta hit Zesty's across the street.. true greek.. good greek wines and traditional foods....the Baklava is indescribeable....I always lick the knife there...always....