Sunday, December 02, 2007

That Time of Year

I haven't had a lot of pictures lately. Mostly out of laziness. So here's a whole bunch that pretty much describe what I've been up to.
So after the USGP I pretty much cracked wide open and ended my cross season. It was a series of unfortunate events that lead up to the big crack, which I could go on about, but that would just be whining. So I'll just say I needed a break so I'm taking one. The only bad part is once I'm through my break, cross will be over and 10 months away again. Oh well, I'll be nice and hungry next year.
So in my break I've been filling up my time with just about anything but cycling. I've been doing a lot of climbing. It's been great to finally be getting some calluses back. My hands had gotten so soft that when I climbed a couple weeks ago my fingers turned bright red and swollen. I looked like I had sausage fingers!
I'm also trying to get into the Christmas spirit this year. We kinda missed Christmas last year with cross and going to Nationals. By the time we were home for a weekend it was Christmas, so it just kinda passed by quietly. So this year I've started getting out some of the decorations and strung some lights. Ah, so pretty.
When I was out the other day I saw this guy driving by. He's obviously in the Christmas spirit too.
On not as pleasant a note. We had to take Riley to the vet again. He had a tick, we pulled it off, he messed with it, it turned into a hot spot and then got infected. So now he's sporting the cone head look. He's actually on his 2nd cone now as he smashed his first one to smithereens. Watch out, he uses it as a battering ram!
When we were in the vets there were all kinds of pictures around the room. One was this flea. It looked normal at first until we notices they added people teeth to it. Check out those chompers!
Good luck to all those that are still out there racing! It was a great season. It was great seeing, racing and hanging out with everyone. Thanks for all the cheers and encouragement. It means so much.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I missed you this weekend!
Your absence for the final races felt weird :(
Believe me, I hear you...I am staring longingly at my box of Christmas decorations...
In spite of your self-proclaimed "crack", well done this season!
Wishing you & Marc a restful, relaxed Holiday Season! Hopefully we'll see you on the trails :)
Kim

Anonymous said...

we missed watching you race w/ kat & the B-crew.
karen tourian was sporting a lovely, B-day tiara as she raced.
anne rock was looking for u....
we yelled out encouragement to marc..'do it for the monkey!!'
...next X season will be here before u know it. just hope it is a real X season...no more of these dry, lame-a$$, roadie courses. :)
cruella

samantha said...

yay for climbing. speaking of... I left a bunch of gear at PRG in coatesville a few weeks ago. Don't know when I'll be back. :(

love-up-you said...

Die Ringe scheinen eher symbolisch für viele Paare thomas sabo online für die Darstellung ihrer Romantik und spirituelle Bindung. Grundsätzlich Mondsteine sind eine Art von angebote thomas sabo Mineral in der Feldspat-Familie, die eine Klassifizierung, dass über die Hälfte der Gesteine auf anhänger kette der Erde umfasst ist. Mondstein speziell bildet Kalium-Aluminium-Silikat und in der Regel besitzt ein kette thomas sabo sehr helles blau Farbton. Allerdings Mondsteine sind auch in einer Reihe von Farben thomas sabo ohrschmuck einschließlich gesehen Grün, Pfirsich, grau, blass gelb, braun oder cremefarben.