Thursday, August 02, 2007

It's Way To Hot For This

The other day I went for a road ride by myself. I intended to do a short ride, little climbing, nothing too strenuous as it was brutally hot outside. I take off and somehow decide that heading down 273 would be a nice change of pace as I always go any other direction but that one. So as I hit the first hill with no warm up, it hurts a little. Then the second hill, still not warmed up, other than boiling due to the heat, and I grind up it. I head into Newark for a change of pace. Then decide to take Creek Road as it will be shaded. Unfortunately that's 2 more climbs. At this point I realize I've done a little more effort than I had anticipated so I would start working my way home. I cut through campus to avoid major roads, also more shade. Just as I pull back out of a neighborhood I'm right in front of a big pack of riders. Great. I glanced their direction and didn't recognize anyone. I get caught by the next light. mmm I could turn around and say hi, but no one pulled up beside me, so I don't. Yeah I know, antisocial. The light turns green and I go on my way. A little faster than normal, but nothing crazy. I get to the next intersection and look back to check for cars and the group is right behind me. Ugh. It's green so I keep going. I figure they are just finishing up their ride and heading back to their cars. But just in case I pick it up a notch. I get the next light, but don't want to look back. So I pick it up a little more. I'm moving along and all is good until I turn straight into a big head wind. Yuck. I look back and no one is in sight. I figure they must have pulled off and finished up already. I grind on into the head wind. Get to the next turn and I hear voices behind me. I glance back and damn if they aren't right there. I couldn't believe it. Well I could. It's not like I can't be caught. But they were no where to be seen last I looked. I had a huge gap and then they were back on my ass. So I threw down again and just laid it all out. I knew I had 2 big straights before the next couple climbs. If they were going to catch me it would be on one of the climbs. So I figured I'd put as much distance between us as possible. Somehow I managed to hold them off. They never caught me before I pulled off. I know they could have caught me if they really wanted too. And I'm not really sure why it mattered whether they did. But for some reason it did, so I drilled it and about killed myself. I don't know why I do these things.

2 comments:

Suki said...

killer!

I love that you pushed yourself for an unknown reason...

yup, you're a racer.

hehehehe

the good news is: my blog is back up.

the bad news is: not sure if the cyber hyenas are done destroying it, yet.

I suppose...we shall just see.

in other news...I wanna do a white clay ride. and I wanna do it WITHOUT sixty-five boys waiting for me at the bottom (or top) of every stinking hill.

think we can arrange something?

fatmarc has the digits...

love ya guys!

love-up-you said...

Die Ringe scheinen eher symbolisch für viele Paare thomas sabo online für die Darstellung ihrer Romantik und spirituelle Bindung. Grundsätzlich Mondsteine sind eine Art von angebote thomas sabo Mineral in der Feldspat-Familie, die eine Klassifizierung, dass über die Hälfte der Gesteine auf anhänger kette der Erde umfasst ist. Mondstein speziell bildet Kalium-Aluminium-Silikat und in der Regel besitzt ein kette thomas sabo sehr helles blau Farbton. Allerdings Mondsteine sind auch in einer Reihe von Farben thomas sabo ohrschmuck einschließlich gesehen Grün, Pfirsich, grau, blass gelb, braun oder cremefarben.